This post has been updated with additional information?
Moving towards the Far East reveals more natural wonders, especially beaches which have become a popular winter sun holiday destination among travelers. If you?re planning a beach vacation and are wondering if any undiscovered gems, then Ton Sai beach, Krabi is where you should head to. Not only is this beach less crowded but the backdrop makes an amazing view for pictures and you can gaze at the crystal blue water and relax all day long.
**This post contains an affiliate link. If you click on the link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This helps me to fund my blogging. Full disclosure at the bottom of the page**
If you do not have time to finish reading our Best Beach Vacations for Families – Krabi, Thailand, pin it now, so you can read it later.
When to go? Good Question
The best time to visit Krabi is from November to mid-March when the rainy season is overtaken by the cool breeze making the weather comfortable for tourists. The temperature drops to almost 24 ? C at night with close to no humidity.
The Cost Factor
The currency of Thailand is known as Baht. Travelers can bring in unlimited amounts of foreign currency into the country, however, US $20,000 or foreign equivalent must be declared at the airport. Major credit cards are accepted at hotels and medium to high range restaurants and shopping malls.
A daily budget of US $ will cover:
- A 3-course meal in a mid-range restaurant for 2 people $19
- A meal at a fast food restaurant $6
- A one-way ticket with local transport $1
- Taxi normal tariff $1.08
- Taxi normal tariff 1 km $0.31
- Cinema seat (international movie) $6.18
Lodgings – Finding the right hotel is vital
Krabi beaches are surrounded by beautiful resorts waiting to welcome guests so it can get really confusing to pick the one when you?re traveling with family. But worry not because I have some great family-friendly options for you. There?s Tonsai Bay Resort for $108 per night for a twin room, Arawan Krabi Beach Resort costs $145 per night for a twin room and Sunrise Tropical Resort for $180 per night for a double room. All these spots accommodate a family of 4.
Krabi offers many ways of transportation but does not have a technologically developed transport system like most developed countries. You can hop onto a local bus or a minivan or hire a taxi. You can also ride a tuk-tuk or samlor which are both 3-wheelers and kind of fun. Fares cost around $0.62 to $1.55 per person.
Things to do in Krabi
- Zip-line your way from tree to tree through a rainforest at Krabi Fun Park. Activities here are suitable for children above height 120cm. It gets more exciting when you can also ride a bicycle in the air or ride a Harry Potter inspired broomstick. The adventure lasts from 1 to 3 hours and tickets start at $31.67 per person.
- Krabi Kart Speedway is something you shouldn?t miss. Grab a single seat or kart or a double seat for children who want to enjoy a ride sitting beside their parents and wander through the amusing track between limestone cliffs. For teenagers, there?s Krabi Paintball Park close by and operated by the same management. Also, grab some snacks from the park restaurant. Tickets cost $5 to $37 per person.
- Witness some endangered species such as various fish, shark, and turtles that are bred and then set free into the ocean at Ao Nam Mao Outdoor Aquarium. If your kids are a fan of Nemo, don?t forget to show them baby anemone, the clownfish. Free entrance.
- Would you like some cheap shopping? Checkout Ao Nang night market where you can not only get a taste of delicious local food and fruits but also buy shoes, second-hand t-shirts, bags, accessories, belts, and electronics. Operates every Wednesday from 4 pm to 7:30 pm.
- For luxurious brands under one roof head to Vogue Department Store at 76/1 Maharaj Road, Pak Nam. Open from 9 am to 9 pm.
- For local made goods, antiques, souvenirs and boutiques Klong Muang Plaza is your stop. There are also a couple of restaurants and caf?s where you can chill out after a busy day of shopping.
- If you like fusion food then head to Chalita Caf? and restaurant and try out Thai, Asian and some European cuisine. For some Indian delicacies checkout Taj Palace Indian restaurant and Tandoori Nights.
Beach Vacation – Add it to your bucket list
So there you have it. That?s adventure, fun, food, and shopping all at one place. Krabi is a full-on vacation package. Trust me, your visit is will be worth the time you take traveling to this part of the world with breathtaking natural beauty.
Flights to Krabi: I recommend searching through jetradar.com They scan tons of different travel discount sites and feature special flight deals. You can fly directly into Krabi as it has an international airport.
Rental Cars in Krabi: Rentalcars.com is the world?s biggest online car rental service. Working with leading suppliers, they offer great prices on all car groups, including luxury cars, people carriers, minivans
Travel Insurance: Make sure you get Travel Insurance before you fly. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It covers for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities. You can read all about why you need it here
We visit Cartagena, Colombia next on our winter sun destination list.
Enjoyed reading about Best Beach Vacations for Families – Krabi, Thailand? Pin it now, read it again later:
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.