This post has been updated with additional information?
Picture the best beach vacation for your family. You are lying under a beach umbrella on a white sandy beach which stretches as far as you can see. Surrounded by picnic tables and park benches you can watch the kids having loads of fun in the nearby playground or build sand castles on the beach. So what place is this? This is Perth.
**This post contains an affiliate link. If you click on the link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This helps me to fund my blogging. Full disclosure at the bottom of the page**
If you do not have time to finish reading our Best Beach Vacations for Families – Perth, Australia, pin it now, so you can read it later.
When to go? Good Question
The best time to visit Perth is spring season which starts September and lasts till November. Expect temperatures as low as 11?C, slight sunny days, warm evenings and mild rainfall along with the beautiful fragrance of blooming flowers.
The Cost Factor
Australian currency is known as the Australian Dollar (AUD). Travelers can bring in foreign currency to Australia but an amount of US $10000 or equivalent must be declared at the airport. Foreign currency must be exchanged to AUD for spending. Major credit cards are accepted almost everywhere within the country but it is essential to carry some cash as some shops will not accept cards below amount $15.
- A daily budget of US $30 will get:
- A 3-course meal at a mid-range restaurant for 2 people $15
- A meal at a fast food restaurant $8
- Taxi Start normal tariff $3.02
- Taxi 1 km normal tariff $1.24
There are some great accommodation options nearby the beach perfect for a family of 4. I recommend Cottesloe Beach Chalets for $146 per night for a standard two-bedroom chalet, Cottesloe Beach Hotel for $287 per night for a double room and Bluebirds Palms for $60 per night for an apartment.
The best way to move around in Perth is to purchase a Smart Rider card which gives you access to buses, trains, and ferries throughout the city. The card costs $7.20 and requires an initial deposit. A daily charge of $9.08 will be deducted from the card while you travel. A more convenient way to witness tourist attractions is to get on a hop-on, hop-off bus. A 1-day ticket costs $22 and a 2-day ticket comes for $29.
Top things to do in Perth
- For some underwater adventures head to AQWA (The Aquarium of Western Australia) as it offers some activities besides a display of the amazing marine life. Kids aged 8+ can snorkel with marine species and mermaids and there?s a treasure hunt where kids will need to search marked medallions and win a prize when completed. All activities are carried out under the strict supervision of the AQWA staff. Tickets for person 16+ are $22, children aged 4 to 15 $14. Free entrance for kids under 4.
- Caversham Wildlife Park is bound to become kids favorite as it the place where not only can they witness and take photos with koalas, kangaroos, and wombats but also take a camel ride, or watch a farm show which includes sheep shearing shows, baby lamb feeding and more. Tickets cost $22 per adult and $10 per child.
- The entire family can play the Realmz Escape Game together. Choose from Curse of the Mummy (2 to 5 players) or Zenith Prime (2 to 6 players). Using the given items and clues you?ll need to solve mysteries in 45 minutes of time. Ticket per person is $26.
- You can kill a day at The Maze, home of Outback Splash. This place is home to 5 mazes, 9 mini golf holes, a playground for kids and a giant bouncing pillow. Tickets come for $25 per adult, $20 per child and kids under 3 are free to enter.
- For basic shopping Galleria Shopping Center is the place to be at. You?ll find all sorts of affordable brands and everything from fashion clothing to shoes and accessories.
- If luxury is your thing then head to King Street, which is home to all the high-end boutiques such as Chanel, Gucci, Prada etc. If you?ve been saving up some cash and are addicted to high-end labels then this is your spot.
- For foodies, there are wonderful dining spots such as Grill and Chill and Royal India which cater to Asian food lovers along with veg options. For some light snacks checkout Rubra by the Swan and The Tuck Shop Caf?.
The Best of Perth
Perth makes you curious and triggers a need to find out more making every day is more fun and memorable. What I have mentioned above are just some of the reasons to visit Perth!
Flights to Perth: I recommend searching through jetradar.com They scan tons of different travel discount sites and feature special flight deals. Being on its own on the west coast, Perth has an international airport that most airlines will fly directly into. Some airlines may have a stopover at Singapore or Hong Kong depending on the number of passengers they have.
Rental Cars in Perth: Rentalcars.com is the world?s biggest online car rental service. Working with leading suppliers, they offer great prices on all car groups, including luxury cars, people carriers, minivans
Travel Insurance: Make sure you get Travel Insurance before you fly. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It covers for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities. You can read all about why you need it here
Next, we visit the country that gave us the classic movie – Cool Runnings – Jamaica (okay, USA gave us that but it is about them).
Enjoyed reading about Best Beach Vacations for Families – Perth, Australia? Pin it now, read it again later:
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.