Orlando is heaven on earth for the kids and you want to make sure they know it. If you found this post, you likely need no inspiration and may have already booked your trip. Read on for a comprehensive guide to Orlando, USA.
Before you go…
- If you want to book a table at one of the Disney characters, themed and high-end restaurants, you will need to do it 3 months in advance to have a good chance of getting it.
- Book your hotel, purchase theme-park tickets and reserve Disney FastPass+ attractions 2 months in advance
- If you need to make any changes to your booking, try to do it 3 weeks prior as the cancellation policies are generous and prices fluctuate dramatically.
You’d rather not think about all of the things that might go wrong on your trip, but these things can and do happen and that’s why travel insurance is vital. Click here to get a quote.
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is Orlando’s primary children’s hospital.
- Centra Care is a walk-in medical center with more than 20 locations.
- Doctors on Call Services is a 24-hour doctor-on-call to your hotel, including to Walt Disney World and the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Dr. P Phillips Hospital is the closest hospital to Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld and International Dr.
- Florida Hospital Celebration Health is the closest hospital to Walt Disney World?.
- ATMs are widely available everywhere and if you withdraw using out-of-state cards, they incur surcharges of $3 or more.
- You can exchange your foreign currency at the airport at most banks in Orlando
- Credit cards are required for car rentals and they accept the major credit cards.
- Bargaining is not part of Florida’s shopping culture. You can try to bargain at flea markets and the occasional outdoor bazaar.
- Tipping is standard practice across America.
Traveling with Disabilities
With Florida being the home to a high number of senior residents, most public buildings are wheelchair accessible and have appropriate restroom facilities. Transportation services are generally accessible to all, and telephone companies provide relay operators for the hearing impaired.
Learn why Orlando is perfect for a Winter Sun Holiday Destination.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.