The Maldives, the natural paradise has become a celeb favorite and is a definite retreat for anyone looking for the best winter sun holiday destination to spend a memorable vacation with the entire family.
**This post contains an affiliate link. If you click on the link and purchase something, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This helps me to fund my blogging. Full disclosure at the bottom of the page**
World class resorts
The Maldives is home to around 1190 small islands and sandbanks. It can get very confusing to choose the perfect one, but not to worry. I?ve picked 2 of the best islands where you can enjoy quality time with your loved ones. Trust me, you won?t regret the experience.
The first is Bolifushi Island, which is situated at a 20-minute boat ride distance from Mal?, the capital city of Maldives. This beautiful white sand beached island is home to Jumeirah Vittaveli resort, which consists of 89 individual villas and suites equipped with separate swimming pools and a glorious view of the surrounding white sand beach. Charges for a 2 bedroom villa with a private swimming pool for a family of 4 are US $1975 per night.
- This resort offers all kinds of fun activities for the entire family such as snorkeling and canoeing in addition to wind surfing and diving for the more adventurous guests.
- After a tiring day its best to relax and indulge in a soothing massage in Talise Spa. There?s also a quiet place to practice some Yoga while glancing at the mesmerizing natural gardens around.
- Children are welcome to the Kuda Koli Kids club, where they can choose from a variety of fun stuff to do such as take swimming and snorkeling lessons, cooking classes, access to game rooms and a swimming pool.
Another good option is the Per Aquum, situated in Niyama. You?ll need to take a 45-minute seaplane ride to get there. There are two privately owned islands connected via a wooden bridge, surrounded by 134 rooms, with varied options to choose from. Expect a 2 bedroom (includes one extra-large double bed) ocean pool pavilion for US $3,618 for a family of 4.
- Families can opt-in for beach suites which are equipped with popcorn machines, complimentary ice cream, and beach toys.
- The Explorer?s Kids club is one of its kind with activities for kids aged 12 months to 12 years, with trained supervisors accompanying them. The club has a large playground, a sunken trampoline, a place for cooking lessons and arts and crafts play rooms.
- This resort has eating spots (with kids menu available), ice cream kiosks, an underwater restaurant and a tree house.
- Public Ferries also are known as Dhoni is the most affordable option available, with charges of US $2 per person for a 5 hour or less journey and the max US $10 for a 15-hour journey across the islands. Ferries do not operate on Fridays.
- Public or private speedboats are ideal if you want to travel to more remote islands. Publicspeedboats cost anywhere from US $20 to $50, depending on the destination. An airport transfer in a private speedboat is charged US $150 to $1000.
- If you?ve never ridden a seaplane, a return flight only costs between US $250 to $450.
Good to know
- Tourists are advised not to spend ample time in the capital as it is overcrowded and at times caught up in political turmoil. But if you intend to shop, set a time when you can explore the local markets and shops for handicrafts, clothing, ornaments, and gifts.
- Although your selected resort will have a wide choice of Maldivian food you can munch on, especially seafood, don?t forget to try other vegetarian options which are usually prepared with coconut ingredients.
>>> Related Post – 7 of the Best Beach Toys
Winter Holiday Beach Vacation
In a nutshell, Maldives is so much more than a group of islands. Best of luxury, adventures, beaches, soothing experience and family fun. What else can one ask for? Let me know how it went after you?re back!
We visit Melbourne next on our winter sun destination list.
Check our Travel Guide for The Maldives
If you appreciate my posts, the best way to show your support is by sharing it, leaving a comment below, following along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Want to give me more than a virtual high-five? Subscribe to my mailing list and make your online purchases using links from my Store.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.