It may be uncommon knowledge, but Orlando, home to Disney World is one of the best winter sun holiday destinations in the world. The weather is 23 degrees Celsius, which is as close as ideal for holidaymakers
Pin Winter Sun Holiday Destinations – Orlando, USA and read it later.
It’s all about location, location, location!
Your accommodation depends on the number of days you plan to stay in the city. It isn’t possible to get to see every attraction if you’re there for a week or so. I’ll quickly break down options to make it easy.
Maingate East is close to the Disney Theme parks and a free monorail service is available to transport guests to them. Consider staying at Comfort Suites or Comfort Inn.
If you’re a movie buff, stay at Universal Orlando for access to Universal Studios Florida theme park, which is the best way to enjoy movie-based rides and attractions. I recommend Universal’s Loews Sapphire Falls Resort or Westgate Palace Resort both great for a family of four.
World Disney World and Downtown Disney are the perfect stay spots if you plan to spend your entire vacation within Disney land. Pick a hotel near Lake Buena Vista as It’s closest to the Magic Kingdom.
My favorites are Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek or the Staybridge Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista. At night, you can witness the beautiful fireworks from Disney Parks. Head to Downtown Disney for fine dining, shopping and Disney themed gifts.
Orlando is full of fun and surprises
There’s so much more you can do with your family in Orlando other than visiting world-renowned theme parks.
- View the beautiful city from the top by riding the ICONIC Orlando Ferris wheel.
- Click a pic or more with your favorite celebrities at Madame Tussauds.
- Learn about chocolate and get to taste some at the World of Chocolate Museum.
- Boost your science knowledge by visiting the Orlando Science Center.
- Let the kids run and play free in Grammy?s Indoor Playground.
Orlando has numerous transportation options for you to choose from. The best I would recommend is the free shuttle services, which is why is it preferable to choose a specific stay in the area so you can save on the hefty taxi fares which start at USD 2.60. Take the hop on hop off bus service for different tours starting at USD 100 if you feel like it. The tours include visits to top tourist attractions as well as activities. It’s a great way to save some money.
Food and shopping at its best
- To find a good shopping mall in Orlando is as easy as pie. Apart from shops within every theme park in the city, check out Florida Mall, MacroBaby and The Mall at Millennia.
- To satisfy those cravings for homelike dine at restaurants such as Mamak Asian Street Food, Hawkers Asian Street Fare, Zeta Asia and Orchid offering a wide variety of delicacies with both veg and non-veg options.
It will be a Winter Sun Holiday Destination to remember!!!
Let loose your inner child in the magical world of Disney or engage in the many activities and enjoy illuminating events, great shopping, and finger-licking food. There?s no reason why Orlando shouldn?t be your go-to destination for this year’s winter holidays.
P.S. As someone who spent close to 20 years working in insurance, I strongly recommend buying travel insurance if you are going on holiday. It costs a fraction of your holiday but covers the potential risk of the entire holiday. You can read my post on why you need travel insurance.
Pin it if you loved it!
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.